I Forge Iron

Anvil advice

Hi all, I've been lurking and trying to absorb as much as I can from this forum for quite some time, but I'm finally getting my forging set up going and I may have a chance to pick up this anvil. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea on a maker, rough size, what you think it's worth? Thank you all in advance.

post-23372-0-41635900-1352403481_thumb.j

post-23372-0-99607200-1352403498_thumb.j

What does the depression on the bottom look like--if any. Is the underside of the heel smooth or show the steam hammer blows. Any markings on the side or on the front of the front feet? How many handling holes and where are they located---including on the bottom. This info is needed to get a "maker" that is more than a guess.

As for value in your area I would expect US$2 a pound to be a bragging price and $3 a pound to be a typical price.

The elongate horn and heel makes me think it's most likely a late 19th century early 20th century American anvil but that's not solid without more info. It looks to be a good hobbyist size but a bit small for a "shop" anvil.