I Forge Iron

Hello

Hutch

Hutch
Welcome to IFI.
Please review the site with the idea in mind that your fellow blacksmiths found here at IFI here are willing and want to assist you in your quest into the blacksmithing craft!
I found the information and the support that is given so openly about the blacksmithing and metal crafts is awasome.
Be Safe!
Old Rusty Ted

• 3 weeks later...
I'm just getting sta or better yet have not really started. Trying to gather info.
It looks as though this is the place to do it!

Thank you very much

Welcome to the club Hutch! I too am a beginning blacksmith. It took me a year or more to find an anvil by asking around and going to auctions and sales. just about gave up then one day almost tripped over one at a barnsale. $65 and I was on my way. That was in the summer of 2001 and still it took forever to really get anywhere close to being on the right track so in case you haven't found some smiths near you here is a link that may put you in touch with what tou are looking for- Blacksmiths Association of Missouri : ABANA affiliate.
These fine folks are Missouri blacksmiths and you might like to look them up. Good luck! Dan:)

HOWDY from East TEXAS! and welcome to IFI. May I suggest to you Tom Clark's school "Ozark School of Blacksmithing" in Potosi, Missouri, it is the best $$ I have spent on this fine craft/art. BAM---Blacksmith Assoc. of Missouri--- is a great group to hook up with and all are willing to help you in your quest of learning blacksmithing. Of course this place it the ABSOLUTE best site for the craft/art. All you have to do is ask, we'll help. Also, we LOVE pictures, so post em as you progress, you'll be glad you did. Once again, welcome to IFI.

Thanks everyone. Still on the hunt for tools but getting closer everyday one small piece at a time. Live in Missouri did take a small class in Kansas about two years ago sure got the bug. I believe they were BAM members that gave the class Already started colecting scrap metal to the extreme pleasure of my wife. Ha Ha. Thanks again P.S. just getting the hang of the computer also sorry it took so long to reply.