I Forge Iron

Little Hammer, with proper anvil

Im quite proud of this little hammer, Its an imported C-41 with seperate anvil. I have designed and made a base for it that lets me sell it as a '1 piece' hammer, with all the convenience that they have, but with a full fat anvil.

Ive got a couple of 25 kg machines that are getting the same treatment at the moment, which are showing promise as being great hammers. Working with a new supplier (with a lot of modifications made in the UK) I sold these machines for a similar price (similar margin) to a 'standard' one piece hammer!

I put a lot of thought into the design, there are lots of influences from how we install the bigger two piece machines. Im sure its not a new idea, but ive fine tuned it pretty well. (ill not go into the details online as it took a lot of development)

The annoying thing is we have so much industrial forging machinery work on now that I am probably going to stop selling small imported machines, there are only so many hours in a day and my fitters and myself need to concentrate on the 'big' stuff, sadly there is not enough of an available skiills base in the UK to just 'get someone in' to build these machines for me!

I might come back to small hammers in a few years, who knows ? :D