I Forge Iron

Nothin like a little fraud in the morning

Daniel.85

Woke up with my usual routine, check email, check bank account, check this site, ect. Well, in my email I have 4 payment receipt confirmations for $20 a piece to some Garena Online Private Limited, that turns out to be some asian based video game type store. The charges were only placed a few hours before I saw them, so I called paypal and they stopped them but the money is still going to go from my bank account to my paypal account and I will just have to transfer it back when it does or be charged for a stop payment from the bank.

Paypal said the thief had my password to the account, so I changed it.

This is the 2nd time(1st was a few years ago) Ive been able to stop fraud while the charges were still pending. Make sure you have email alerts set up on any paypal type site so you know when there are purchases and check your bank account every day, morning and night at least.

Sorry to hear about that man, I havent actually had my accounts violated yet but i constantly get scam emails about people wanting to buy my anvils or the power hammer, the latest was some Marine SGT who is out to sea and he wants to have the hammer when he gets back so he wants to ship it to Alabama ( rolls eyes ) and will paypal the payment to me if I give him my information.....LOL sorry charlie I wasnt born this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up with my usual routine, check email, check bank account, check this site, ect. Well, in my email I have 4 payment receipt confirmations for $20 a piece to some Garena Online Private Limited, that turns out to be some asian based video game type store. The charges were only placed a few hours before I saw them, so I called paypal and they stopped them but the money is still going to go from my bank account to my paypal account and I will just have to transfer it back when it does or be charged for a stop payment from the bank.

Paypal said the thief had my password to the account, so I changed it.

This is the 2nd time(1st was a few years ago) Ive been able to stop fraud while the charges were still pending. Make sure you have email alerts set up on any paypal type site so you know when there are purchases and check your bank account every day, morning and night at least.

Some pee head used my credit card to buy i-tunes. I am doing more than change my password. I will not use paypal period. I called paypal and got to talk to a person in the phillipines. I told them I wanted to talk to a U.S. representive. I got a philipino supervisor which could speak a little better english than the first person. NOPE, no PayPal for me. Sure the insurance took care of the charge, but if you don't check your account often some pee head will test it with small purchases and if they get by with it they will continue on to larger charges.