I Forge Iron

Black Iron Days in Grayling MI.

Jeff Lodge

I've been trying to find out about this event in MI and only have a little infotmation via the MABA website and the local government of grayling it looks like it might be a decent evert for a beginner like myself to attend, but I was wondering if anyone on this site has been and what I should expect to see/gain from this event.... i.e Tailgates, demos or just blacksmiths selling wares.

Just got back from Michigan. This is a great event! Last year they have over 50 coal forges set up ( You can only use a coal forge for this event.) and 90 blacksmiths. If you go to just demonstrate your camping space is free. If your are vending, you will have to pay for your space. There is a registration form in the March, April MABA news letter. If you have any questions call the Hartwick Pines State Park at (989) 348-7068. I wish I could have stayed longer to attend this event. The smiths I have know in the MABA say this is there favorite event.