I Forge Iron

Beaudry guided helve hammer

Has anyone ever seen a Beaudry guided helve? I am going to an auction tomorrow where there is a hammer that is supposed to be a Beaudry and the picture is of a guided helve. There is also a Bradley.

I am debating whether it is worth bidding on one of them to replace my Kinyon hammer. The helves are supposed to be 100lb each and my Kinyon is 100lb as well. It hits harder than some Kinyons but not as hard as an Iron Kiss. I don't know whether the helves would hit harder than the Kinyon. It probably hits faster though.

there usta be one forsale on the machineco website... under forging hammers.. other than that, haven't seen one in person .. and don't know how they hit.... the reg beaudry hits very nice, much harder than the kinyons i've seen

also there was one in the kijiji , 2 or so years back, in Ont... had a painted frame

they looked rather robust ... i would think it would be a very nice hammer to have !!

Greg

All but one of the hammers went for a good dollar. It was in nice shape but had been sitting outside for a few years and was slightly seized up, But it was only a 30lb Bradley strap hammer. The Beaudry was a strap hammer as well and was in rough shape. The one hammer I was interested in was a Samuel Platt Hercules which went for about $3500 with no motor. I thought it was a pretty good deal but I didn't need it that badly.