I Forge Iron

First Forged Knife

Mrhappybottms

Good one for a first...keep at it. And keep an eye ouit on this site for the knfe chat we will begin in late October, We will show pics of forging a couple of knives and explain everything we do and wot we do it with. This will be a two thing at once event as one of us will do a basic bade with rather basic tools used. The other will do one with a working bladesmiths shop equipment.
no trying to hijack your thread..Just felt it is a good place to mention this as I know there will be a lot of folks admiring youi work you shared.

i switch from a 3lb sledge (im pretty sure that is made as a blacksmithing hammer), then a 1.5lb cross peen, i think the only reason there are a lot of hammer marks is because im still working on the hammer control, but im going to go through and clean it up a bit before heat treating. i will be posting pictures once i completely finish it

I love the blacksmith's handle. Rebar is super soft, so every little mistake will show up - dressing your hammers will help avoid those marks. You can't really heat treat it, so I recommend cleaning it up, putting and edge on it, and moving on. Can't wait to see your next one!