I Forge Iron

back in town

Hi all, I've been out n about for quite a while now and since IFI finally comes in over the net on my phone, I am able to frequent more often... I've been continuing my welding career and looking to go back to school (again) for a welding engineer degree with a metallurgical minor and planning on my CWI license later on. I'm trying to see as much if the industry as i can first and so far I've accomplished a considerable amount. Ice done everything from trailer building and repair to pipefitting, aerospace to food grade. Stainless, carbon, titanium,cobalt, aluminum, and cast...
Thus far, i believe I've seen a vast area of the industry and I'm still moving!! Just dropping a line to say hi since i haven't been on here in a few years...

And thicknesses ranging from 0.016" to 2" solid.

-Hillbilly

Welcome Back Brother , Keep them rods Hot ;) like you it once said "If I could get water to hold still I could Weld it ! " still holds true today from a Lil Can to 6 ft thick steel I have welded it . and Loved every minute of it . Now retired yet still I play all the time .

Sam

Thank you sir!! I don't believe we've ever met on here before.... Where you from? I really wanna get into self contacted overseas travel work to where i bounce around for 6 weeks, 6 months, 2 years, whatever the job length is and move on to the next. Germany, Norway, England, etc... Currently I'm rushing the local pipefitters union so i can have an apprenticeship program and journeymens' card because a lot of the contract jobs require an apprenticeship. And, its free schooling. Lol..... Reading a few things of yours on here, seeks like you truly KNOW what you're doing and not going on here-say for information and knowledge which keeps my morale for people in this industry. I find there's; trigger pullers, welders, fabricators, craftsmen, and artists throughout the trade... I strive to be the best. I know there's always somebody better but it keeps the quality, integrity, and initiative very high. Excellent talkin to ya!! Keep in touch brother.

-Hillbilly

Hillbilly ,

I am Not the Best there is , However , I weld only ONE WAY ! ' My kids will be on it ! in it ! or around it ! in their life time ! as long as you Weld it that way it will be your best ALL the time . I am certified in now 15 states, the Military, and all unlimited up to 6 ft thick materials , (Mig,Tig, Arc, Heli-arc, and Oxy welding ) No not all at the 6 ft range . I do not shoot from the hip on anything just what I have done personally. as told to me and a rule I live by let your welds speak for themselves and your work as well . at age soon to be 42 I still learn every day , some things I have to re learn now due to issues beyond my control .

Sam

if you are ever my stop by I' ll help you out any way I can even free lessons in welding ,Fab , and such , shooting is allowed too !

Thanks Glenn.... I get on here when i can during my busy schedule but after a few years if being away, it's somewhat difficult to find my way around with the sight being so different. I like the way it's formatted thought. Very nice and clean. Excellent work! A large past on the back goes to Glenn and his administrators, well done.

-Hillbilly