I Forge Iron

i am a blacksmith at silver dollar city in branson, mo. we are a 1880's theme park similar to dollywood. we are in need of a blacksmith/sandcaster for seasonal (about 9 months per year) employment. would prefer someone with some blacksmithing skills as the sandcasting is much easier to learn. helps to be a people person as most of the work is done in front of guests.
call 417 338-2611 and ask for human relations.

So Jerry, ya gonna move to MO.?!?!? Sure will miss you down here if you do. Susie bought me "A day with the Blacksmith" there years ago and I really had a good time. I was just starting out and that is where I learned to make the Russan Rose. Good guys to work with....and I still have that rose!

Thomas,
We would have been at the Lee Bros. shop for the weekend had we not already had this planned and reservations made. I really hated to miss it. As far as moving down here. The grandkids won't be moving so we won't either. It would be tough to be that far apart. We did have a good visit and have had a really good trip. Up about 3:00 to head for home. If we don't waste time, it will be about a 13 hour trip. Jerry

Well, you missed a treat! Watching the Young Smiths do their thing was fun and inspiring. They made a hot cut for the hardie, 2# hammer (I bought that! :) ) cupping tool, handled punch, a small grill with a crane and cattails n grass--all forged welded, a very nice piece. There were maybe 50 folks there with representatives from Balcones, HABA, LAMA, and Saltfork! The auction brought about double of what we were hoping for. After most everyone had left the boys got to play on the power hammers; Big Blue, Kick-Ass, and then BIG BOY Nazel 3B! Alan got the a piece of 1 1/2"rd and let them go at it. Alex was first and did a fairly good job, then Daniel took a turn also doing well--especially for never having used a hammer this size. THEN Dave took a turn and WOW!! The middle of the stock not hammered was about 4"long and he drew it out to 3/4"dia, by nearly 4ft. long. Looked like it had been machined and perfectly straight! He was dubbed THE KING!! The expressions the boys had on their faces as they used each hammer was priceless! Sorry you had to miss it but your reason is perfectly understandable!