I Forge Iron

Any BlackSmiths in UAE Dubai

hamad

Hi all,

i want to learn bladesmithing, but i can't find any place in uae dubai to start up the learning.

anyone knows of a place or a person who will be interested in teaching.

if there is nothing in uae, can some one guide me to near by places, like Saudi , Iran, Yaman.

I'm really interested to start learning.

hamad,
I welcome you to IFI.
I do not know anybody in your region that you could call upon for training. Hopefully some of the other smiths would.
It sounds to me like you have the right attitude and interest level needed to become successful in your quest to be trained as a blacksmith.
I see you have reviewed some of the IFI Blacksmith web site, and are interested enough to ask a good question about heat treating.
Due to you not having anyone close around you who could train you, I would suggest you start training yourself now, while your interest is high.
IFI can provide a whole range of information to someone like your self who is just starting, and to guys like myself who used to think I knew it all!
I feel like I am just starting all over again after becoming familiar with this site and the intelligent Blacksmiths who frequent this site.
I think it would be a good idea to use the information found on IFI to assist you in training your self, until you find someone to train you.
I would suggest doing the following:
1. Study what you find on the IFI web site closely.
2. Take note of what you see in the Blue Print Section.
3. Study the photos of how some of the blacksmith shops are arranged, and how the Tools and Equipment are used.
4. Ask questions on the forum like you already have .
5. Visit the chat room. You can talk directly with highly skilled blacksmiths. We also have world class Blade Smiths.
6. On Tuesday nights we have some “Live” Blue Print demonstrations. Please give it a try.
PS. Anything you would be willing to teach us while on you venture, please do. We Love Photographs!

That is just some of my thoughts. But, now you go out and do it the right way!
Be safe!
Old Rusty Ted

Welcome Hamad! I also regret, I don't know of any bladesmiths in that area, but will ask around. As Ted had said, there is a massive amount of info on blacksmithing bladesmithing and metalworking here on the site, in the Blueprints section on the front page, or you can do a search. My first steps into the world of metalworking, both blade and blacksmithing, was to get a small forge, and an anvil. Once those have been found, then it is just getting down to business, and trying your hand at it. Everyone starts somewhere, I had NO instruction whatsoever when I made my first successful blade, and yes alot of them before that were NOTHING to brag about hehe. So jump right in, it is an amazing craft with something new to learn everyday!

We have members on the site from that general area of the world. Maybe some of them will reply. Till then ask questions on the forum and someone will try to assist you.

Start with BP0133 the now famous 55 Forge for solid fuels. There are several gas forges in the Blueprints section also.

Welcome to the site.

thanks guys, for motivating me :)

i started to ask everyone i know in dubai but it seems that all the finger point to Yaman area. not far from home and worth the trip to see the beaut of that country.

i'll start to look at the blueprints and see it i can work something out :D

i feel its the first step that i have to take that will make the difference.

i will hang out more on this forum, and i will ask allot of stupid questions so bear with me ;)

keep the search going for Any BlackSmiths in UAE Dubai, i might get lucky, and have a group in my home town