I Forge Iron

Hello, Fellow Smiths...

Randy

Randy McDaniel, here, just saying, "hello", and trying out this new venue for me. Been hammering since '72 and I enjoy teaching the various concepts of forging, from basics to advanced, traditional to contemporary. Check out my site at Home and you'll see what I mean.

I've also been helping to promote the upcoming Blacksmith Days, May 19 - 20, in Westminster, MD. Some great National and Canadian demonstrators, knife making contests, tailgating and an auction of forged metalwork. I donated a titanium sword for the auction. See YouTube - Titanium Sword or go to YouTube and search for "titanium sword" to see a video of the sword with a demo of how it was made with some info on Blacksmith Days. Also go to Blacksmith Guild of Central Maryland for more info.

Hope to see you there! Meanwhile, keep the sparks a'flying!

Welcome to IFI, Randy! I think you will find this a great place to ask questions or in your case, share your years of experience! Join us on Tuesday night at 10pm for the live blueprint sessions. Always something for everyone there. Just follow the link on the opening page, plenty of seats for everyone interested.

Again, Welcome and we really like to see pictures posted on the gallery!!!

Hi, Thomas,
I work strictly from scrap so never know what alloy I'm working with. I think this one was a drop from making a hip replacement joint so hear it's pretty pure. I forge titanium mostly because of the texture I can get with it. Love it!

Randy