I Forge Iron

Just got a Champion Blower

Tucker Props

Hey guys, I just got my hands on a Champion blower, not sure if its one of the good ones, or if there are really any "bad" Champion blowers, but I figured I would post up some pictures for you guys to see. It seems to be in great working order, I even took the top panel off to take a look at the gears inside. They looked almost brand new! The previous owner had cleaned it up a little bit and replaced most of the bolts on it. Also, I got it at a steal of a price! He wanted an old broken air compressor out of my garage that I had no use for! So it was a win/win situation for us!

post-25270-0-55072700-1342060334_thumb.j
post-25270-0-44734900-1342060368_thumb.j
post-25270-0-44360900-1342060349_thumb.j
post-25270-0-34649000-1342060386_thumb.j

And there you go. Did I get a pretty good deal? Now I just need to finish building my forge...

Thanks for looking!

I personally like the non-ball-bearing models best myself. They seem to last longer in terms of wear/abuse/rust etc.etc. The 400 is the cream blower, but all them balls take a real toll in terms of wear and rust. Then they just don't work too well and take a ton of work to clean up, obtain balls and polish the cones. The bronze-phospher gear don't exactly wear as well as cast steel.

You will really like the 40. There is very little that can go wrong with the cast iron bushings. They either work or they don't. That is a real find!