I Forge Iron

Tongs & Roses, heavy metal, Dude

Whirly

I saw Gundog48's post of the tongs he made, with the swivelable head and thought "I gotta make me some of them!", so today I did. I used some 16mm (5/8) vehicle coil spring and belted it into shape and fabricated the movable bit out of angle iron. I attached the head bit with a piece of high tensile rod, hammered into the tong, (tight fit) and loose at the swivel, if that makes sense......

post-25292-0-01009300-1340527308_thumb.j post-25292-0-77243400-1340527258_thumb.j

...and I think I'll be using these alot. Just picking up stuff in the workshop impressed me, the are really very versatile. Thanks for posting Gundog :D.

Oh yeah, and as the topic suggestes, I tried my hand at making a rose. It's made from sheet metal, cut out, heated, pounded, and attached to a forged stem. Next time I might try heavier material and have a go at forging one.

post-25292-0-62472500-1340527353_thumb.j

Thanks Fellas, appreciated.
George, first set I've made from spring and I reckon they won't be the last! They just feel 'right', lighter and tougher..
Sam, Thanks Mate,...and coming from a 'Tong Master'.... :P
well Woody, whatcha waitin for??? :lol: (they're worth the effort)