macbruce

Brute of a 2x72 belt sander

This is the one I'll be building if this guy ever gets his plans finished....Heavy construction and very versatile.

[media=]

That's a cool and versatile belt sander. When you get info on how to buy the plans, post them, please. That may be one that I would build. Thanks for sharing the video. :)

This is the one thing I can honestly say I need for my shop. I've got way more time than money right now so I really wish he'd get off his butt and finish those plans! Cad drawings are way harder to to get from concept to finish than I ever imagined as I discovered with my Zipmax..

Belt Grinder

Part 1 of 2

Thanks Stan, That looks like a fine machine for knives but I wanna HOG some iron and it looks a little light for that. I just love heavy duty overbuit XXXX....Now if ol Blue don't get his butt in gear I could always work one up from the pictures but I rather buy his plans. It's an after the conference project anyhow, maybe I'll send him a link...... :ph34r:

Hey Stan. Did I miss something, or did that guy not tell how to get the plans? I know, I'm a liitle slow, sometimes. :wacko: But other than seeing where you could get most of the working parts, I didn't see where to get the plans. I may have to do like I did with my tire hammer. :D

Something to consider is that you need a motor, contact wheels, etc for any design built.
Build what you can now and use the same items on a better unit later!
Just out a few dollars for the frame materials on the starter unit.
Or you can sit back and wait for a set of plans to become available..... someday...... maybe.

The main goal is to get a 2" x 72" grinder you can start using ASAP.

What makes me sick is I found a nice1ph 2hp 1725 mtr at my local salvage yard 6 mo ago for $50 and didn't jump on it....... :(