I Forge Iron

Intro to forum

JAKA

I'd like to say hello and introduce myself.

Ken Admire: JAKA
I've been dabbling in blacksmithing for over 20 years. I make custom knives by both forging and stock removal methods. I'm the sole author of them and do my own tempering. I can be reached @ either kenneth.admire@valero.com or jkadmire@watchtv.net.
I'm looking forward to enjoying hearing from others.
First question: How does one attach broom straws to forged fireplace broom
handles?

Thanks
:cool:

Howdy for East TEXAS! and welcome to IFI! Not real sure how to get hold of it but Jeff Moher from Florida has an excellent video titled "Broommaking for the Blacksmith". Takes you from start to finish, explained well, good camera work, shows tools and material needed. Worth the money. (I am no way related to or have any finacial interest in afore mentioned reference.:) )

Good luck and let us see some pictures! We LOVE pictures! Again, welcome.

Thanks for the generous welcome to the forum and for the information on the broom construction video. Now maybe I'll have the nerve to finish the last of the fireplace tools. (The dreaded broom).

It's always been gratifying to see the outpouring of help on either blacksmithing or knifemaking forums I've been associated with in the past. This one is no exception and I'm certainly glad to now be a part of it. :D