I Forge Iron

What can it become?

j.w.s.

I bought a punch press from a factory for $40. As is its just about useless for anything I I do, but the parts alone seemed like a good value for my money. So what can I make it into? I'd take like another press in the shop but I think the cylinder is a little small -and although its probably got more umph than my HF 12 ton bottle jack air over hydraulic setup now. Any ideas??

J

Edit: These pictures come up very large on the screen, scroll down a few replies for smaller versions. I'll leave these here just in case someone wants to read the model numbers or examine the crystaline structure of lead oxide a little. lol

post-7730-0-00861100-1335817821_thumb.jppost-7730-0-60350900-1335817853_thumb.jppost-7730-0-26482200-1335817888_thumb.jppost-7730-0-54759900-1335817916_thumb.jppost-7730-0-19927900-1335817954_thumb.jp

I have an electric air switch I have been wondering the same thing about. Some have suggested it may not switch fast enough for a kinyon, but most just don't know because its never been tried. The standard Kinyon plumbing tends to incopoprate air pilots to help with switching instead. I would really like to know as I still have all of the components to run an electric switching air hammer. Please, J. W,.S., keep us posted with your findings.

Scott

Already have a hammer in the works, should be completed this weekend. I may use one ofthe shuttles from the press since they have a higher cv, and will probably use the oiler, regulator and filter from it as well. So still looking for something else to make.. thought about making a lift for my drill press table.. weighs about 120lb with the xy vise on it but it seems like a waste of parts for as seldom as it gets adjusted plus I'd prefer a 20" ram length for that.

J