I Forge Iron

Hammer for Spring Fling

This weekend James Viste is demonstrating at Blacksmith Guild of the Potomac's Spring Fling and he requested an Iron Kiss hammer. He has previously demonstrated using an Octagon 75 so I hope he is equally happy with a new Octagon 50. The 75s have all been sold, though in a few weeks I start on three more. I think I may get some video material of Viste on the 50 and post it later on.

James Viste is an artist who has a broad range of blacksmithing experience, from jewelry pendants to damascus to ornamental iron and scupture. Dave Hammer shot some video material for me and when that is on youtube I'll notify.

The event weather was nice through late Saturday afternoon when rain started and continued through this afternoon when I got home, safe and sound. The pole building roof kept us dry, but the cool wind had its obvious effect on today's crowd.

The Octagon 50 ran perfectly and drew praise. I learned some new things, relearned some of his clever techniques, and appreciated the weekend off. I saw many friends, old customers, some probably new customers, and ate too much. Bought an artisit's candle holder at the evening auction, and watched a superb video of "iron ore to axe" by colonial wmsburg blacksmiths in one of their own shops. If you get a chance to see it you'll love it because the editing of tghe video is superb and the action is fast paced. Their smelter-blast furnace will probably be the style used at ABANA-Rapid City.

• 2 weeks later...