I Forge Iron

Hello from Virginia

wallyfan

Hello to everyone from the Williamsburg, Va. area! A friend suggested I check out this site as it may help me with some questions I have about a copy of a blueprint or "preliminary study" of "wrot iron register grills". If someone could direct me to an area of the site that would be appropriate I would be gratefull.

A quick search on the subject (wrought iron register grills) and no results. There is a Blueprint BP0104 on wrought iron that should be posted soon (we are currently recoding and reposting all the blueprints into the new system). Just because a quick search did not provide an answer does not mean it is a dead end.

What is your questions on the register grills? Give us some idea of what information you need or want to do. The folks that visit the IForgeIron site are very knowledgeable in many areas and several deal with wrought iron on a regular basis. The more information in your question, the better the chances of getting an answer.

Please thank the fellow that referred you to IForgeIron for us.

If anyone out there remembers the discussion or Blueprint he is referring to, please jump in with directions as to where we can find it.

Glenn, Thank you for your reply. What I have is a photocopy of a "Preliminary Study". It had been mounted in a cheesy plastic frame for quite a few years until just recently when it was taken out of the frame and rounded up to be sold at a yard sale. The copy has a drawing and under the drawing is: "Preliminary Study for Wrot Iron Register Grilles in Columns, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, York & Sawyer-Architects." under that along the bottom of the paper are the numbers 2182. On the right side of the copy is: "2-2-7, Samuel Yellin, metal worker, 5520-24 Arch St. Phila, 41 East 42nd St, New York." Now I know the name, but I have quite a few questions. Was the panel drawn ever used in the building? Is this a curiosity or would there be some interest in something like this? I am trying to get the cardboard from the frame as it apparently had a sticker of some sort on it that said Yellin something. As this is a study and maybe not an actual submission would this have relevance in any copywrite issues? Thanks for any help you can give. -Cathy