I Forge Iron

Hearth, anvil, tongs for sale

I have been aproached by a lady in the Bristol area who is converting an old forge,

These items have not been used for fifty years but look to be in a sound, if somewhat rust condition.

I can't seem to post pics of these items here for some reason (new update?)

Anyway,

The forge hearth appears to be a cast iron Alldays and Onions, side blast with water cooled tue iron, 74" high and 43" width, can be dismantled but would suggest moving it in one piece if possible.

The forge hearth also comes with a single phase motor to run a seperate centrifugal fan, the pair being mounted on a supporting base. No plug on the wires, so hard to test without one, having said that, the motor is easily replaced should that be necessary, I am told it works, but check for yourself.

The " large" anvil is a London pattern, 32" long x 12" high, from picture I would estimate in excess of 160lbs. looks like a wrought base and forge welded plate for the face, some chips along the edges, but difficult to tell from the pictures I have.

There are also 7 pairs of tongs, 5 pairs of which look to be a handy size and usable, the other 2 pairs being for somewhat larger materials, but still usable all in a rusty condition

There is also what appears to be a rod handled fuller, and a rod handled punch to go with the tongs.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I can give a telephone number and location, and the price guide I advised the vendor, these may well turn up on ebay if not quickly sold.