I Forge Iron

Wok

Sam Salvati

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjQRLQTNsJo

Thanks guys! John, I am not sure how the PI will do it's the first time I have ever used it. this is a prototype in a few ways. Boy oh boy that pure iron sure is sweet to work. Randy, I have an electric stovetop, so it's got a little flat on the bottom to sit nicely, sure wish I had gas. in the future whenever I get my own place for good(or atleast for awhile), I want to build one of those gas burners like thay have at the chinese restaurant, pretty much pipe with a ring on top and a burner below it. Some even have foot treadle gas controls! The round bottom wok sits right in them. A trivet would be nice, maybe a long legged one. I seasoned it like any cast iron pan, it's pretty similar. Just put in some veg oil and heated it up a good bit. "Sourced" yeah...........like Randy said :D Who uses suchnice wide pieces of good steel to hold down a tarp anyway? I replaced them with rocks that did a far better job IMO :rolleyes: . Jeddly what is a swedish torch?