I Forge Iron

Anvil

This post on Ebay i beleive is a fruad:270914211841 Item number:

ANVIL BLACKSMITH

Item condition: Used Time left: 2d 15h (Feb 20, 201211:20:18 PST) Bid history:
1 bid[Refresh bidhistory] Current bid: US $200.00 270914211841
The listing clearly says $50 UPS economy shipping. When i Emailed him he asked how I was going to pick it up. I asked about the $50 charge and he said it is $500 worldwide. He ask were I lived which is two states away and he said shipping would be $600.00. I told him he was nuts. BEWARE

Something for you to consider. Ebay is just that. A place full of folks that sometimes have no clue of what an item is and wish to convince you they do. the fella has a punch for sale and says it is a machinists punch for knocking out bolts. you should always beware on that place.

good thing you checked on shipping before buying it and found out $600 instead of $50!

eBay can be a great source for tools, etc but beware there are a LOT of people that even though they have NO clue what they have will talk like they're an expert!

by the way, the anvil isn't marked "FAMILT 1840 NOTHERN MICHIGAN" He is saying it has been in the family since 1840. He says the same thing about a forge and a leg vise. Personally, I don't think any of those items date even close to 1840.

I had emailed that guy also. He told me this about the anvil:
"1foot high. 2 feet long .. 6 in wide apx. 300 lbs.. no markings.. very nice ring.."

You can see in the pictures that it's not 6" wide at all, it's 4.5" and 10" tall. That doesn't add up to 300lbs to me. He also says there are no markings on it anywhere....

I think the guy inherited it and is completely clueless, as you can see by the $50 shipping. The item has bids, so it will sell and he'll either cancel or loose on the shipping.

Someone is getting screwed when it sells. It's not 300lbs and you can't ship whatever it is for $50.