I Forge Iron

Hi from Minnesota

strgraw

Hey everyone!

Rookie blacksmith here in Minnesota (northern burbs). Just joined the Guild of Metalsmiths last year in October, looking forward to become a part of the community and grow a healthy wealth of knowledge with this wonderfully amazing craft!

Grant

STRGRAW, There is plenty of room for YOU.

Please find a soft seated chair, something to snack on (I prefer Twinkies), and then sit back and be ready to enjoy yourself.

I suggest that you read, read, read, read, and then read some more, ponder, ask questions, and then simply enjoy the benefits that hundreds of blacksmiths have generously provided for our use.

What makes this information so valuable is that it has been honed at the price tag of excessive heat and sweat, aching muscles, lots of time, a burn or two (or three), and sometime a well thought out excuse given to wives or girlfriends of why we need a new tool or two! - - - - (or 12).

And the best part is that it has been shared freely with us for our use here at I Forge Iron.

OooooooH I forgot! "Welcome to I Forge Iron"

Please take advantage of the Search feature, and then I STRONGLY suggest that you take the time to learn and understand all of the features this site has to offer.
It will serve you well if you do.

AS soon as you are able, I would suggest that you find a skilled blacksmith or a blacksmith group in your area so you will start the wheels in motion to be mentored correctly the first time around.
It is very difficult to “Un-learn” bad habits.

Here is something to consider: http://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/23500-what-do-you-need-to-get-started-in-blacksmithing/
or You may want to check this out: http://metalsmith.org/

You may live closer to another group, so here is the path to find the I Forge Iron List of Blacksmithing Groups:
Go to "Blacksmithing, General Discussion", then to "Finding a Blacksmithing Group near you"

I wish you the very best as you add blacksmithing skills to your life portfolio.
Ted Throckmorton

Welcome
I live in S ;MN near Redwood fallsThe Northern MN group is having a conference end of April south of Bemidji
The Central MN group has monthly meetings and some class.
You already know about the guild
If you were at the christmas meeting I was in the tye die bibs.