I Forge Iron

Question about the two firebrick design

mojavedesertrat

I'm currently thinking about building one of those 2 firebrick forges, where you chisel a half circle into the firebrick, etc., etc...Then i got to thinking, I like to work with RR spikes, I was wondering with the
Bernzomatic BZ8250HT trigger-start torch, will one of those type forges be able to heat a RR spike without taking a month and 3 20lb propane tanks?

I'm currently thinking about building one of those 2 firebrick forges, where you chisel a half circle into the firebrick, etc., etc...Then i got to thinking, I like to work with RR spikes, I was wondering with the
Bernzomatic BZ8250HT trigger-start torch, will one of those type forges be able to heat a RR spike without taking a month and 3 20lb propane tanks?

No. :) See my thread Brick Pile Forge post for an easy way to get a good forge up. The benzomatic torches just dont put out enough heat to do the job. They are, however, handy for starting the forge and finishing up your creme brule.