I Forge Iron

Dha dah dao: Neo-tribal bush sword daisho

Stormcrow

This should be playing in the background:

This is a pair of dha that I made a little while back. They are based on southeast Asian dha, which have a vaguely similar profile to katana, though with very different construction.

dha2.jpg

Both of these have integral socket handles, which are not traditional on dha (nothing I do is traditional, really). Handles are wrapped in hemp, with cotton cord Turk's head knots, sealed in black shellac. Both of them have spines averaging 1/8" thick.

The big one has an overall length of 27 5/8", a blade length of 19", a three-strand Turk's head knot at the blade end of the handle and a two-strand at the butt end.

dha3.jpg

The little one has an overall length of 19 3/8", a blade length of 12 3/4", and two-strand Turk's head knots fore and aft.

dha.jpg

These two are quite fun. I'm really pleased with them. Here's Tobin Nieto, a.k.a. Rustyboy, with whom I share a table at the local monthly gun show, doing his best Chinese demon impersonations with them. :D

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg