I Forge Iron

My New Fire Pot

billp

After using my new fire pot for a little over a week now I'll have to say WOW!!!
Really wish I had done it a long time ago, I get and keep a good working fire and get a lot more milage out of my coal that I did before. Even added a clunker breaker which I did not have before and even that added a big plus to the whole thing.

It's really not any special build, 9" square at the top and about 5 1/2 " at the bottom. I went from 2" deep to about 41/2 " deep and that is the difference that has made the great change. The first was made from 1/4" diamond platet the new from a 1/4 " from a 6" x 6" x 1/4" angle iron. The old one was two years old and had held up well to the heat and looked to have a number of years still left i it, so I hope the new one will do just as well.

But so far it is the best job I have done and I'm glad I did it. Now just wish the rivit forge I have was not so thick would love to cut it our and out a fire pot it to make it a better portable forge. but who know I may do it any way to spite the thick pan. <_<:D
billp

I have used both and ya'll are right it takes a lot of blades and discs how ever I favor the discs over the sawall but not appose to try it. Just having more trouble thinking about cutting up something that old to change it's orgional look and use. This comes from someone who has a deep respect for antiques as I feel I become one myself.

Mark I'll try and get pictures but after I have had several fires in it they want be pretty but will do my best. Sorry I did not think of it as I was building it but your not the only one losing things as we get older :blink::D
billp