I Forge Iron

Learning as I go...

Jay Goold

Hey all, Jay Goold here. Kind of fell into a scrapping business and trying to hone my knowledge a little better to better organize my business. Looking for information such as the best field methods of identifying metals. Like, how can you be sure it really is stainless steel, that sort of thing. I am in Southern Arizona and am still gathering my equipment so if anyone in the area happens to know of any good deals on used equipment please let me know. Looking forward to making some friends here and starting some networking.

Howdy Jay; I'm over in central NM, near Socorro. I'd say your best bet would be to connect up with the Arizona Artist Blacksmith Association and ask them where to find stuff. Craigslist has turned up a couple of items local to me and a lot of overpriced worn out stuff. I generally find stuff much cheaper by talking to everyone I meet than ebay, so I don't even look at it anymore.

BTW if you edit your profile to put in Southern Arizona as your location so it shows up on all your posts then you save a lot of folks asking where you are at when answering location specific questions