I Forge Iron

New member from Loveland, CO Just starting out

Hey Steve,

Welcome to IFI. Lots of brains to pick here. What are you interested in? Coal, charcoal, gas, induction. Art, tools, old time, new stuff, etc...
Fill in some blanks and people will give you all the help you need. (or can stand)

mark <><

Hey Steven. Welcome to IFI. Like Mark said, there are a lot of great folks on here and a huge amount of info. I used to live in Colo. Spgs about 25 years ago. Loved the mountains. Good luck setting up your outfit and make sure to take lots of pix along the way. We like pix. Lots of pix. :blink: :D

I’m working on building a propane gas forge. I live in town don’t want to xxxx off the neighbors with the smoke. Also my one neighbor is a glass blower and gave me his old home made gas glory hole so I am downsizing it to be more efficient to heat metal. I’m doing research on the burner that is the step I’m on right now. My goals are to make my own tool as much as possible because I enjoy that part also. Eventually making decretive pieces and more.
I took a continuing education blacksmithing class at CSU and have been hooked ever since!