I Forge Iron

to start a blacksmithing line

Forge, anvil, hammer... for starters.

What type of items do you want to make?

By the way, a foundry is where you melt and cast metal.

A forge is where you heat iron (steel) to a plastic state and shape it with a hammer, either by hand or by power hammer.

Blacksmithing, in its purest form, is forging. However, your lathe, mill and grinder are all very useful in the metal arts.

Good luck to you.

Forge, anvil, hammer... for starters.

Don,
Hi ! Thanks for the info. As of now we are making spare parts for our small button factory.
In the near future we hope to build our own pneumatic hammer for bigger spare parts for monorail parts.
Philippines has built three monorail railway lines and will still be building three to four more within the next
few years.
I know FORGING is its infancy stage in the Phlippines.
Melcor

To start a line you first find a need to fill that has possibilities that forging will make something faster/better/cheaper. One example I know of was a part that was being machined out of a very large piece of very expensive metal alloy where 80% of that expensive alloy ended up as milling machine waste. The blacksmith was able to forge a pre-form close in shape to the final piece so that the milling needed was minimal saving a lot in the cost of materials, time, wear and tear on equipment, etc.

Sounds like making parts for a monorail is a good place to start and if you can provide them *good* and *fast* locally it would sure help lock your company in as a supplier over some company that is in a different country!

Good Luck!