I Forge Iron

Jim Black

My name is Jim Black and I am 65 Yrs young.I have tinkered with Blacksmithing for numerous years, and had the privliege as a young man to see a couple of old smiths apply their profession.I found out quickly as a young man that the old smiths didn't like young boys in their way, but their magic impressed me to no end.Over the years I have managed to acculminate a few of their tools and anvils, and have tried my hand at forge welding and forging.I have always been a jack of all trades and a master of none, but my experiences have served me well.I hope to learn some new intelligence from your forem and might by the slimest chance be able to assist others in this grand endevor.

Jim Black,
Welcome aboard. We have seen the same number of new years pass by.
The old blacksmiths I knew allowed me in their shops but would not talk to me much either. We have a lot in common.
I hope you will stick around long enough to feel comfortable at this site. I am still feeling my way around. The more I find, the more I enjoy it. I have learned a lot more here than I could ever give back.
We welcome you along with all of the accompanying technical information, experience and common sense you’re willing to share with us.
Glenn likes “Blueprints” That is just a hint if you have some you may want to share, ay?
The blacksmiths on this site are willing to give back to you also.
Be safe, be safe!
Ted