I Forge Iron

My intro,

Dr Dean

It appears that the server really would like it if I would post something so here's a bit about me.
I began welding as a youngster on our farm. I found out it was easier to fix my mistakes myself. Thats what probably led me to my profession as a ag diesel mechanic and I'm trying to specialize in electrical systems. I have spent some time working as a fabricator but it became obvious that it should remain a hobby, not cut out for the factory life.
I already have what I think to be a nice forge. It was left here by the former owner. Any more story there is better suited for elsewhere. I've been working on getting an anvil but havent found anything in my budget. I have an idea for something resembling a anvil or aso but I'll start another thread.

Dr Dean,
sounds like you will fit right in. Be sure to ask questions as you proceed.
It could save you a lot of time, money and frustration. The help you will receive from members of this site is at the top! You may even get help from members from down under (who are at the top).
Be safe, be safe!
Ted

Pictures of the forge were requested so here they are with some bonus pics.

What good luck to find the stuff. Looks like the basics all right. Hope you will enjoy cleaning and connecting it all up, I think thats part of the fun.
Thanks for a peep at the photos.
Be safe, be safe!
Ted

Thanks for your welcomes. The barn that the forge is stored in still has alot of hay and straw stored in the haymow not to mention my dad's new planter is in there. No way am I creating any flames or sparks anywhere near the barn. I have another tin shed that I'm planning on getting the floor leveled (dirt) and lay down some wire hog flooring for a solid base to use as a shop. The other thing that needs to be done is to add windows and electric service. The first pic is the shed that I'm planning on using. The second pic is of our house close to the end remodeling.

1588.attach

1589.attach

Doc, that looks like the makings of a good set-up there> Is that a Champion forge? I have one very similar to it that I'm dying to try out as soon as my hood and stack are up. I've been using a rivet forge for awhile. Good luck!