I Forge Iron

BP try outs

Since things have slowed down and I've had a little extra time to try different things I've been trying out a few more BP's. I don't know how many of you have taken the time to go through them but if you haven't you really should.I have been wanting to try a 45 degree peen hammer ever since I read James Joyce's BP0193 cross pein hammers, so I printed out BP0343 by B. Norris and followed it and made a 2# and a 3# right and a 2# and a 3# Left. Wanted to try them out so I pulled up BP0303 Swivel Link universal tongs and made a set.The new 3# hammer made drawing out the reins not nearly as awkward. Decided while I was making tongs I'd try a set from Feukair's post"well I made my first set of tongs". I also tried BP0397 with Bill Epps' Chilli Peppers. Made my bride a string of peppers for in the kitchen.
I have used a lot of the BP's over the past year since I found IFORGEIRON. I feel guilty because I need to submit more BP's than I have.
Anyway I thought maybe some of you would like to share some of the results of the BP's you have tried.
Thank you Glenn and all the contributors for such a great resource.

JWB

1519.attach

1520.attach

I've used your flower/vase BP three times now. First time was last Sept. for my Mom's birthday. I made a "rustic" wood box nailed together with handmade nails in which I shipped a vase with three of the tulipy type flowers in. I then made one for my wife to put on her desk, just a single flower stuck in a nice Curl-Leaf Mt. Mahogany disk, then last week I made one that's stuck in an odd chunk of Walnut I had laying around with my son for his girlfriend. It's the only one I can find a pic of right at the moment, but here it is.
061230_Iron_Work_010.jpg

Thanks for that one JW, I like it.

McL