I Forge Iron

Nazel 2B crankshaft?

So im into my 2b only to find scoring on the bigend journal. The oiler had broken off the crankarm and the hammer obviously was run that way.

It is my assumption the crank has to come out and the flywheel pressed off so I can have it ground clean. We can do this (same shop doing the 4B work) but am I missing an easier solution? Its not horrid but certainly needs attention.

I have the conrod off/out and can get good pics. The wristpin had 30 thou play so we are rebushing that as we go.

Maybe you make a shrink fit sleeve that goes over the scored end and bore the rod to match?
Can you show pics of the main bearings when you get it apart? I would like to see what the inside looks like. I am woried that the oil in the main bearings can get contaminated with foreign materials and would like to know how to change it instead of just adding to the dirty oil. Is this possible, I can not find any drain plugs on my machine.
Thank you
Rob

Nazel crankshafts are stupid simple- ONCE you get the flywheel off. Larry's got my old 3B that I had the crank work done on. The shop put a $&(*& load of heat on the flywheel, put a 100 ton press on it overnight and by the time they came in the next day, it had finally budged. They are a definately a press fit. Good luck!