I Forge Iron

video, making folded cross with marble

Hey Braedon,
Great video. Thanks for the mention at the end of the vid. :D That is my 1 sec of fame!
It looks really good. I'll try once again this weekend and this time I won't let the marble melt all the way through.
You've taken off and done a great job.

Mark<><

Braedon, AKA: "The Video Maker" :)

Thank You Again!!
I sat back, had a cup of coffee and just enjoyed watching you work.

I liked the idea that you kept the video going for the duration of the time it actually took to get the marble hot enough to melt properly.
The real time viewing gives a good prospective of how long it actually takes for the process to develop.
For me, that was a valuable part of the video for me to see firsthand.

During my productive working years, I was an industrial blacksmith. I was by no means considered an “Artist Blacksmith”. In those days I never felt the need to take photos of “jackhammer gats” that I re-pointed or re-built, picks that I pointed, fixtures that I forged, or damaged machinery that I straighten or re-shaped.

During those years I was raising a family and money was an issue, so we only had a Box Camera until the Brownie Camera came out and was affordable to us. And finally the Polaroid Cameras came out.

Just a point of interest: In order to develop the Polaroid film, you placed the film (encased in a developing sandwich that contained a pink developing jelly) into a metallic two sided holder and placed it under your arm (arm pit) for (x) amount of seconds to heat it up in order to finish the developing process.
Many times the developing jelly oozed out onto your shirt! So there was not many photos taken during those years by me, but I now wish that I had.

So when I see the Magic contained in the captivating videos that you and several other generous Blacksmiths produce for people like myself to watch, learn from, and just plain enjoy, I want you to know that I appreciate it to no end!

Thank you again!
Ted Throckmorton

Hey Braedon,
Great video. Thanks for the mention at the end of the vid. :D That is my 1 sec of fame!
It looks really good. I'll try once again this weekend and this time I won't let the marble melt all the way through.
You've taken off and done a great job.

Mark<><

gotta give credit where credit is due,,now I go out and get a metel hand held cheapie from HF ta cut these things quicker ta keep up with orders..lol

Braedon, AKA: "The Video Maker" :)

Thank You Again!!
I sat back, had a cup of coffee and just enjoyed watching you work.

I liked the idea that you kept the video going for the duration of the time it actually took to get the marble hot enough to melt properly.
The real time viewing gives a good prospective of how long it actually takes for the process to develop.
For me, that was a valuable part of the video for me to see firsthand.

During my productive working years, I was an industrial blacksmith. I was by no means considered an “Artist Blacksmith”. In those days I never felt the need to take photos of “jackhammer gats” that I re-pointed or re-built, picks that I pointed, fixtures that I forged, or damaged machinery that I straighten or re-shaped.

During those years I was raising a family and money was an issue, so we only had a Box Camera until the Brownie Camera came out and was affordable to us. And finally the Polaroid Cameras came out.

Just a point of interest: In order to develop the Polaroid film, you placed the film (encased in a developing sandwich that contained a pink developing jelly) into a metallic two sided holder and placed it under your arm (arm pit) for (x) amount of seconds to heat it up in order to finish the developing process.
Many times the developing jelly oozed out onto your shirt! So there was not many photos taken during those years by me, but I now wish that I had.

So when I see the Magic contained in the captivating videos that you and several other generous Blacksmiths produce for people like myself to watch, learn from, and just plain enjoy, I want you to know that I appreciate it to no end!

Thank you again!
Ted Throckmorton

Thanks alot Ted,,If it weren't for others showing me points, tips, and trick (both in person and through the youtube blacksmithing community), I wouldn't have learned alot of things I have. Thanks ta the better tech we have now, even though it may be a little bit of a pain messin with the camera,, it's easy ta share, just tryin ta pay it forward. tnx again for watchin!

ps. I etched that straight razor pw blade yesterday and found a couple a flaws but I think most of em can be takin out,,I'll get pics up soon
Braedon