I Forge Iron

Natural gas to lpg conversion kit

Ratty

Hi All I just by chance got a cermaic chip forge from the local blacksmiths
yesterday that he had running on Natural gas.
I want to convert it to LPG but I dont know what adapter I would need to do that.
The forge gas hose has a cooker type connecter and I want to connect it
to a standard size propane hose.
But I have no idea of what the adapter is called so hopless searching the internet.

Thanks!

What I did was to go down to my propane supplier and say "I need to hook this to this". 5 minutes later I was walking out of the store good to go!

They could also advise me on if I needed to re-do the orifice for a NG to LPG conversion. Probably not a problem for a blown system with a good gas needle valve on it; but I did need it for an aspirated NG burner to aspirated LPG burner---and they did it for me for a couple of bucks and a "come back in an hour". (welding shops often have conversion fittings too)

Finding a *good* propane dealer; preferably with someone on the staff that's been in the business for a looong time is just like money in the bank. When my wife bought a 40 to 50 year old propane kitchen stove, (no NG in the country!), the local propane place actually had a fellow who had worked on them when they were *new* on the market and could give it a thorough inspection before we installed it.

Thomas