I Forge Iron

Forgemaster 50000 damage

drgas

I have a 2003 Forgemaster 50000 2 burner forge. It has been getting a lot of use lately.
I have noticed that the front top of the door frame is burning away. Also the inside bottom and sides are pretty beat up.
I think I need a "liner kit"? Has anyone done this job on a Forgemaster or similar forge?
post-11874-0-34006500-1299780644_thumb.j

post-11874-0-31540200-1299780643_thumb.j

I haven't relined a forgemaster 5000, but i have relined my diamondback two burner, and it was easy. I also coated in itc to keep the flux damage down, seems to help it heat faster too. I'm sure blacksmith depot crries the re-line kits.

What did you coat the bottom with? Got the reline kit today.

You can use itc to coat the whole interior. it is supposed to help with durability, and heat reflection. Your reline kit should have come with a hard fire brick material for the floor. Depending on how much forge welding and flux you use, nothing really keeps the flux from eating the floor. Some people use a separate floor liner. Check out chile forge, they make a floor liner out of a high temp. tile, call it forge armour.