I Forge Iron

Upstate NY says a sunny, "Hello"

DanBrassaw

I've been lurking around these forums for a few weeks, posted here and there recently, and to be honest, the list of forum sections is so long, and my attention span in so short, that I just found this category today! Well, I know a guy who knows a guy, and that guy is a smith! All the talk of hot metal got me thinking, so when we had an early thaw right after Xmas I cleared out an old chicken coop and started welding up some gear, and collecting tools. I'm now an accomplished mess maker and mangler of metal (how's that for alliteration!) Anyhow, that's my story, see you around.

Hey fellow metal mangler! check out the website www.nysdba.com we are always willing to welcome new folks, and you have some really good people right close to you. I currently am the newsletter editor, and have been thinking of doing new member stuff, so if you are thinking of joining or have already, let me know! Anyway, look out, it's an addiction that is really hard to shake!!
M

welcome to your new obsession, and welcome to IFI! note; no chicken coop is gonna be big enough,for all the tools you will accumulate, and leave enough room to swing a hammer.

My great uncle had a lot of chickens. This coop is 20x60 ft. Haven't felt claustrophobic yet. :P

Hey fellow metal mangler! check out the website www.nysdba.com we are always willing to welcome new folks, and you have some really good people right close to you. I currently am the newsletter editor, and have been thinking of doing new member stuff, so if you are thinking of joining or have already, let me know! Anyway, look out, it's an addiction that is really hard to shake!!
M

Thanks for the info and welcome. My friend has been to two gatherings so far, I missed the first one due to some laziness, and the second I just couldn't make. Hope to catch the next one. Found the website through google, its nysdb.org

Yup .org is correct, oops, anyway, we have all hands meets where I might have a chance to see you sometime, I'm over near Rochester, east about 25 minutes, so if ever you're gonna be near, give me some notice.

Thanks for the info and welcome. My friend has been to two gatherings so far, I missed the first one due to some laziness, and the second I just couldn't make. Hope to catch the next one. Found the website through google, its nysdb.org