I Forge Iron

gas forge

mitch4570

Hi wondering if any one can share their knowledge with me. A farrier gave me a propane forge, it looks like it was designed for a blower. Can I use this without a blower? It has a small forging area about 4inch wide by 11 inch long and two inch high. The forge has two burners.

Thanks
Mitch

Hi wondering if any one can share their knowledge with me. A farrier gave me a propane forge, it looks like it was designed for a blower. Can I use this without a blower? It has a small forging area about 4inch wide by 11 inch long and two inch high. The forge has two burners.

Thanks
Mitch

If you put up a picture of it, we can tell you more. In general though, if it is designed to be used with a blower, it will need a blower unless you replace the manifold and burners.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks
Mitch

Here are some pics of forge. Now that I look at it closer I just don't know why the middle pipe is there, there is no access to the inside of the forge. Anyway any thoughts on the pics are welcome. I will have to get a new regulator the one in the picture is broken.
Mitch

post-2313-0-83901300-1298583280_thumb.jp

post-2313-0-94288900-1298583328_thumb.jp

Here are some pics of forge. Now that I look at it closer I just don't know why the middle pipe is there, there is no access to the inside of the forge. Anyway any thoughts on the pics are welcome. I will have to get a new regulator the one in the picture is broken.
Mitch

Air intake/blower?