I Forge Iron

C-Frame press

ishoe

I have a Iron Store Giant C-frame power hammer that is missing almost all of its parts. I am considering converting it to a hydraulic press. My question is does anybody have any idea if it would handle the pressure forces without breaking the frame. Thanks for any thoughts or information.

I have a Iron Store Giant C-frame power hammer that is missing almost all of its parts. I am considering converting it to a hydraulic press. My question is does anybody have any idea if it would handle the pressure forces without breaking the frame. Thanks for any thoughts or information.

There could be more danger in the possibility of it breaking you, especially if it's a cast iron frame. It might "crack" at 2 ton or explode at 25t. When hyd's go wrong they can take you Out. Another problem is that a ph isn't a press, there is give between the material and the upper part of the frame. In a press it's forcing up just as hard as It's forcing down, that's why C frame presses are just as massive at the top as the bottom, which isn't the case with ph's ........I'd say no............. can you show the frame?.................mb

• 4 weeks later...