I Forge Iron

What kind/ info regarding this forge

TrailMason.Jim

I recently purchased this forge and haven't seen one like it posted in this forum. Does anyone know what type, manufacturer etc. that this might be? I purchased it because I needed something larger than my rivet forge. I also don't know exactly how this mechanism works with regard to running the fan. I'm hoping to find a photo of one that is working or at least an old add or patent. Any help or direction on where to look would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim
post-15594-0-91040000-1292183859_thumb.jpost-15594-0-41376000-1292184059_thumb.jpost-15594-0-15158700-1292184094_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased this forge and haven't seen one like it posted in this forum. Does anyone know what type, manufacturer etc. that this might be? I purchased it because I needed something larger than my rivet forge. I also don't know exactly how this mechanism works with regard to running the fan. I'm hoping to find a photo of one that is working or at least an old add or patent. Any help or direction on where to look would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim
post-15594-0-91040000-1292183859_thumb.jpost-15594-0-41376000-1292184059_thumb.jpost-15594-0-15158700-1292184094_thumb.j

Ok I could not find a pic but you could look at your avitar pic I think that shows what you need. But incase it doesn't you take a belt from the big wheel to the blower and sowe it together, then look at the shaft to the big wheel there should be eather two screws or two holes where there used to be screws, now on the rocker conected to the handle take a pice of strap and screw it on to there then pull it as far away from the big wheels shaft as you can get it, mesher that and cut your strap that long then screw it onto the shaft, Wiend it up until that end of the rocker is tuching and repeat on the other side. If you do all that right you should be good to go.