I Forge Iron

Charcoal and Carbon Monoxide

Jacob Tkalec

Jacob,
Did this involve a trip to the hospital for a pulseOx reading on your blood or did you just feel real bad?

All things being equal it may be something else. Without a monoxide monitor or pulseOx reading on your blood its hard to say if it were CO, a bad taco or something else lurking in the shop environment or your body. Do you ever get the same feeling when doing other activities away from flames?

My CO monitor rarely goes off...been using them for some ten years now and I burn all manner of fuels.

Ric

Jacob,
Did this involve a trip to the hospital for a pulseOx reading on your blood or did you just feel real bad?

All things being equal it may be something else. Without a monoxide monitor or pulseOx reading on your blood its hard to say if it were CO, a bad taco or something else lurking in the shop environment or your body. Do you ever get the same feeling when doing other activities away from flames?

My CO monitor rarely goes off...been using them for some ten years now and I burn all manner of fuels.

Ric

No. I had no such hospital trip. I did call the American Association for Poison control and they diagnosed it as MOST LIKELY CO poisoning. Mild to moderate. I took the option to "wait and see" due to being tight on funds and $100 dollar copay in the emergency room doesn't seem fun. It went away after about 8 hours but I had typical symptoms. Nausea, headache, dizziness, threw up slightly.