I Forge Iron

My First completed knife

Christopher Ford

Forged from 5160 1/4" thick by 1 1/4" wide, steel from Uncle Al's. Handles are zebra wood stabilized and then hand sanded to 220 grit and coated with 3 layers of tung oil.

I need to work on my grinding and also on cleaning up the oil left one the blade in those pics is gone now :)

This is after forging it out.
74202_164644240236823_100000737453193_36

Completed.
148686_167976613236919_100000737453193_3

148312_167976653236915_100000737453193_3

Thanks
Christopher

the RR track is just one of many :) I mainly use a 4" round 4' tall piece of solid round stock with a 1 1/2" flat plate welded to the top as my main anvil like object. can't afford a true anvil yet :)

thanks for the comments, had all kinds of help on this one, and hopefully will learn from all the mistakes I made in this one. my main interest is blacksmithing fences and decorative work, but knives are fun and sharp :)

the RR track is just one of many :) I mainly use a 4" round 4' tall piece of solid round stock with a 1 1/2" flat plate welded to the top as my main anvil like object. can't afford a true anvil yet :)

thanks for the comments, had all kinds of help on this one, and hopefully will learn from all the mistakes I made in this one. my main interest is blacksmithing fences and decorative work, but knives are fun and sharp :)

O.O Dood, that sounds like a SOLID piece. I know they're supposed to be heavy so they don't move but, crap monkey 4' of 4" round stock and 1-1/2" plate on top of that @.@ Good idea though. Need to start piecing things together for my own temporary set up :P any suggestions? And still, awesome first blade. Hope my first piece can look even half as good