I Forge Iron

thats right, the new guy

LordVen

hey guys, ive been doing this since i was about 11, started off with a stick n bycycle grip as a kid, been interested since i was bout 4 er 5. dont have a forge yet but plan on builing one this spring. ive made bout a dozen knives and swords, a few canes and walking sticks, and small repairs for other people in between on a shoe string budget n wouldnt have it any other way, after all neccesity is the mother of invention. im here to learn how true blacksmithing works instead of just using grinders drills and knives. any tips along the way are appreciated.

The quickest way is to put a piece of metal in the bottom of the brake drum to cover the holes and a piece of pipe horizontal to the top and about 1/4 to `/3 of the way across the drum. Add fire, add air and be happy. You may have to add a table to get the depth of fire you need. Do not over engineer simple. It is just a side blast forge.

huh, ive been thinking about this while stacking wood and i think its definitly in my budget, even if i dont have one lying around the local junk yard got all the stuff i need for this project, and its portable, parents dont want me beating on metal in the back yard, so yeah, its sounds like just about the perfect fit. thanks!