I Forge Iron

Nickel silver bar

Dillon Sculpture

C79800 alloy, anybody ever forge this stuff? Joining methods? Julius Blum gave me a quote of $17 a pound! Also looking for a product to join a glass picket to a shoe made of nickel silver? Don't ask how I got myself into this one!

For joining metal to glass we always used either 100% silicone caulk or 3M 5200.
Be sure of any alignment issues cause it`s a bear to get things apart once it`s set up.

Thanks guys,

Southy, what have you built from this material? Do you think it has a good color match to the nickel silver? I will be using a picket from Blum made from NS.

Bob, that 5200 looks like good stuff! Different colors as well, nice... BTW the knucks runin but I had to get some new wheels, fat tire up front is not in yet :angry:

post-2769-002759300 1286364133_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys,

Southy, what have you built from this material? Do you think it has a good color match to the nickel silver? I will be using a picket from Blum made from NS.

Bob, that 5200 looks like good stuff! Different colors as well, nice... BTW the knucks runin but I had to get some new wheels, fat tire up front is not in yet :angry:

Mike,The bike looks sweet as it is.
May be just the purist in me but I just don`t get the fat front tire thing. :huh: