I Forge Iron

Vaughans (Hope Works) company

NecroSteel

Hey,

I've heard people mention Vaughans (www.anvils.co.uk) and am interested in getting some gear and my forge from them but for I've managed to get through to them via either phone or email :angry: . No response from my mails and the phone just rings. Does anyone know if they are still in business or if there is another supplier that sells the same forges as them in the UK please? I'm considering either their bottom blast SFPBB or their Side blast SFP238 (no water tank).

Thanks,

funny coz i have never got an answer from them either - madly expensive so its probably a good thing... why not try the bay....

Hey,
Well surprisingly I did receive an email from them today asking me to call them. I did so again today and they answered quite promptly. On speaking to the sales lady Aimee she was very knowledgeable of the products they sell and is pulling a quote together for me now. From the call I know they are closed on Saturday. They are pricey but it is good for a one stop shop I think..will soon find out..

Ive been searching eBay for sometime now and got a few power tools and extractor fans etc but haven't seen any quality hand tools for sale.

I'll give glendale a call when I get the quote through from Vaughans.

I had a query with Vaughans and did get a reply. I would be sorry to hear that they had closed. I shall see if I can get an answer.

That Glendale place seems odd. The illustrations on their website just look to have been scanned out of a Victorian or Edwardian catalogue. I didn't find a single picture of any actual product! Also there are no prices specified anywhere- you have to yelephone for those.

Did anybody try Vaughans website??

Probably not such a good deal as I got when exchange rates were better, but if the Euro takes a dive again have a look here:

http://www.angele-shop.com/catalog/index.php

Lots of good stuff!

Also have a look at ebay.de - once you've found out the German spelling for what you're after ... :unsure:

Vic.

[
Hi Tracy here from Vaughans,

If you are interested in our forges give me a call on 01384 424232 or email me on sales@anvils.co.uk you will get an answer as all emails are replied to within 24 hours.

Our opening hours are 8.30 am to 4.30pm monday to Thursday and until 12.30 pm on a Friday.

Regards

Tracy

quote name='NecroSteel' timestamp='1283286178' post='184982']
Hey,

I've heard people mention Vaughans (www.anvils.co.uk) and am interested in getting some gear and my forge from them but for I've managed to get through to them via either phone or email :angry: . No response from my mails and the phone just rings. Does anyone know if they are still in business or if there is another supplier that sells the same forges as them in the UK please? I'm considering either their bottom blast SFPBB or their Side blast SFP238 (no water tank).

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

I had to add one more post to this thread.

Recently I moved my shop. As my Vaughans leg vice was actually welded to the bench top in the old shop the easiest thing to do was simply to unbolt the top and transfer the whole thing to the new place. In doing this something got disturbed in the spring mechanism of the vice. The jaws close OK but I have to push them to open them.

I contacted Vaughans this week. I got a query as to what the exact problem was anhd one of their technical people has mailed me and asked for photos so he can adise me. For service I think that takes some beating.