I Forge Iron

Hi from Southampton, England

Paul Mac

Hello, I'm Paul. I live in Southampton, UK.
I have recently found this site and thought I had better introduce myself.
I have recently completed the first year of an artist blacksmith course at Chichster College. I am an engineer by trade, but have always wanted to learn blacksmithing. (And hoping a chance to change career is not too far away.)
It's great to have found a site full of like minded people and I look forward to tapping into your combined knowledge.
Cheers
Paul

Hello, I'm Paul. I live in Southampton, UK.
I have recently found this site and thought I had better introduce myself.
I have recently completed the first year of an artist blacksmith course at Chichster College. I am an engineer by trade, but have always wanted to learn blacksmithing. (And hoping a chance to change career is not too far away.)
It's great to have found a site full of like minded people and I look forward to tapping into your combined knowledge.
Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul, welcome to the site, if you scroll down to the groups section on the forum, and click onto the Blacksmiths Guild UK or go to www.blacksmithsguild.com you will see some things what we get up to, which may be of use to you.

Did you have anything entered in the New Forest Show Blacksmiths feature by any chance?

Good luck in finding your new path in the world of hot metal

Hi Paul, welcome to the site, if you scroll down to the groups section on the forum, and click onto the Blacksmiths Guild UK or go to www.blacksmithsguild.com you will see some things what we get up to, which may be of use to you.

Did you have anything entered in the New Forest Show Blacksmiths feature by any chance?

Good luck in finding your new path in the world of hot metal

Hi John

Thanks for your reply. My application to join the Blacksmiths Guild is in the post.

Yes, I did have an item entered for me by the college. It was a poleaxe, which was my first year project.