I Forge Iron

I Took Some More Pics of My Anvils

I took some pics in my shop this week, of my anvils. The larger one is my 700 lb. Hay Budden. The smaller pic is of my 400lb. Fisher. Having never been abused, both of these anvils are in excellent shape, even though I have been pounding steel on them since the 1970's. ENJOY! The pic of the fisher also shows the tail end of my 300 lb. Peter Wright.

post-14054-073307200 1281385125_thumb.jp

post-14054-053740300 1281385159_thumb.jp

post-14054-068831500 1281385227_thumb.jp

I took some pics in my shop this week, of my anvils. The larger one is my 700 lb. Hay Budden. The smaller pic is of my 400lb. Fisher. Having never been abused, both of these anvils are in excellent shape, even though I have been pounding steel on them since the 1970's. ENJOY! The pic of the fisher also shows the tail end of my 300 lb. Peter Wright.

Very nice group of anvils Stuart!

We have to get you a higher resolution camera so we can get some clearer pictures of those beauties! ;)

Thanks for the pictures, they are beautiful, I wish they were in my shop.
Its hard to abuse a anvil when you don't use it hard enough to keep the rust worn off it, isn't it?

Chuck

So you got 1400 lbs of steel there hu? How long is the 700lb pounder from the end of the bick to the heal? I have never even stood up close to a 700lb anvil.. 660 is as big as I have seen first hand... :( :( :(

• 5 months later...

Hi
Here in N.E, Oregon we don't get the humidity like you do. My favorite finish on iron going out side is to spray it with muraitc acid and let lt rust for a year or more then wax it hot. Maybe you could try waxing the face of your anvil at the end of the day while its still hot.
Do you have any pictures of the I beam clamps, I would really like to see one.
Chuck