I Forge Iron

another knife

rokshasa

double edged cable damascus boot knife.
over all:8 1/4"
blade: 5"
white ash handle with mild steel guard and but cap.

this was really fun to make, the hardest part for me was making the guard, it was my second go but it turned out better than i would have expected it to lol. it was a nice destraction from my other projects.

post-7346-099980100 1280349469_thumb.jpg

post-7346-048144700 1280349471_thumb.jpg

double edged cable damascus boot knife.
over all:8 1/4"
blade: 5"
white ash handle with mild steel guard and but cap.

this was really fun to make, the hardest part for me was making the guard, it was my second go but it turned out better than i would have expected it to lol. it was a nice destraction from my other projects.

looks good i really like bevels question though...did you start making that longer side of the guard into something and stopped?

thx for the reply guys. i "WANTED" the long part of the guard to be a thumb rest but when i put it on it didn't look right so i made it straiter ,so yes i guess i did intend something else for the guard, very perseptive of you antigoth24. as for the etchant i used was 1 part brine (salt saturated water) and 2 parts viniger i put the blade in for 8 hours at room temp.