I Forge Iron

Anvil Identity?

I'm guessing cast iron due to the edge damage, How do you plan to fix it?

from WIKIPEDIA

Meehanite is a trademark for an engineering process to make many types of cast iron. When a foundry advertises that produces "Meehanite Iron" this means the foundry is licensed by Meehanite Metal Corporation, initially of Chattanooga, Tennessee but now based in Mequon, Wisconsin. The Meehanite process includes a series of specific processing steps, which, when followed, will produce (according to Meehanite) cast iron with uniform soundness, consistent physical properties and dependable performance in service[1].

Meehanite metal specifications include a wide range of cast irons, including flake graphite types, ductile irons, austempered ductile irons, wear resistant irons, heat resistant irons and corrosion resistant types. Meehanite is not a specific alloy or material. While Meehanite lists all of these metal types in its grouping of specifications, all of these types of cast irons can and are made by non-Meehanite licensed foundries. Many of the types of engineering grades listed by Meehanite were discovered or developed by other companies

Frankly it's probably better as a display piece than an anvil.

from WIKIPEDIA

Meehanite is a trademark for an engineering process to make many types of cast iron. When a foundry advertises that produces "Meehanite Iron" this means the foundry is licensed by Meehanite Metal Corporation, initially of Chattanooga, Tennessee but now based in Mequon, Wisconsin. The Meehanite process includes a series of specific processing steps, which, when followed, will produce (according to Meehanite) cast iron with uniform soundness, consistent physical properties and dependable performance in service[1].

Meehanite metal specifications include a wide range of cast irons, including flake graphite types, ductile irons, austempered ductile irons, wear resistant irons, heat resistant irons and corrosion resistant types. Meehanite is not a specific alloy or material. While Meehanite lists all of these metal types in its grouping of specifications, all of these types of cast irons can and are made by non-Meehanite licensed foundries. Many of the types of engineering grades listed by Meehanite were discovered or developed by other companies

Thanks for all the tech INFO!! WOW!!! I just gave $50 for it so no big loss. I thought it would be a historic piece!LOL!

from WIKIPEDIA

Ross Meehan was the name of a foundry in Chattanoga Tenn. Now a tailgate market
Ken.