I Forge Iron

I'm just another dumb noob

edge9001

I've been on iforgeiron for a few weeks now. i gues it's time to say hi. I'm new to blacksmithing been beating on metal now for about 2 months. I seem to be drawn to bladesmithing. so far I've made a heck of a ballpeen hammer/hawk has a great edge seems to be tempered I'm happy with it except for a couple of hammer marks I couldn't get out. nothing else I've made so far seems to be of descent quality, so I guess now is a good time to work on fundamentals. I guess my first good hawk was begginners luck.

I live in chatsworth, GA. thats in northwest GA near chattanooga, TN. Anyone know of anything nearby please let me know.

Look up the "Alex Bealer Association" guild in Northern Ga, may be a little bit of a drive but there will be a monthly meeting at Michael Dillons shop this weekend, saterday. Mr Dillon is a top notch smith and has a great shop to see. New folks are always welcome at our guild meeting. If you have any trouble looking up the Bealer guild just drop a line here, ill be glad to give you directions.
Again this Saturday the 19th i think it starts at 9am or 10 am

If you do come ask for Mack - Me