I Forge Iron

Question for the folks who know files and rasps.

Jeckyl

I'm new here so forgive me if this is wrong area. My question is I have a small bowie knife made from a file or farriers rasp. I'm wanting to know who made the file makers mark is a horseshoe with the first letter being the letter A inside the rim and last letter being the letter E. I cant read the letters between because of grinding. Thanks in advance.

I don't have the file on this machine, but I have a list of marks that Nicholson made for other sellers, This sounds like one on that list. When I get a chance I'll check the list I have.

Ron

The horseshoe looks the same but no letters in the middle. The letters on mine are along the rim of the shoe. First letter is an A and last letter is an E there are letters in between but have been ground away. Thanks for all your guys help.

The horseshoe looks the same but no letters in the middle. The letters on mine are along the rim of the shoe. First letter is an A and last letter is an E there are letters in between but have been ground away. Thanks for all your guys help.

I finally got to the file of Nicholson brands. It could be Arcade. If it works I'll attach the file for those who are interested.

ron

post-458-048160400 1275547732_thumb.jpg

I finally got to the file of Nicholson brands. It could be Arcade. If it works I'll attach the file for those who are interested.

ron

post-458-048160400 1275547732_thumb.jpg
Awesome it is the arcade. Thanks for everyones help.